Life as usual
Things have been a little hectic in our world lately and I haven’t had the brainpower to compose a real post. I have been reading and following along with everyone else but just didn’t have the motivation to post… But I thought I would give it a try today.
I will be graduating in a matter of weeks, an accomplishment I have been working on for years! Recently it has been three consecutive years, of evening and weekend classes, multitasking and sleep deprivation.
I don’t plan on changing careers at this point, I really like my line of work and gradating for me is more about finishing something I started.
The completion of my education also means I will finally have the time to do the things I haven’t been able to do over the past few years. Like:
- Taking a yoga or art class
- Reading a book of my own choosing
- I can’t wait to remember what reading for fun is
- Writing something creative that doesn’t require a direction sheet
- Having my evenings and weekends back
- Over the past 3 years most evenings and almost all weekends; have been composed of either classes or homework
- Going on weekend trips to Duluth or Chicago…
- Being spontaneous
In other news, our home is in slight disarray. We have begun many of the projects that we bumped up to complete before beginning TTC.
This week began the upstairs renovation of sorts… We own a 1912, 1 ½ story home and have dealt with drafty windows for over 5 years. Well… finally we are toasty warm and enjoying the increased soundproofing that has also been a benefit of all new windows.
We already miss some of the charm of our old windows but the baby to come and us will be happy and warm in the winters to come.
Next week… Blow insulation, window trim and window treatments.
A few pictures or our progress…